Computer viruses are enemy of your Computer’s hardrive as when they enter into your PC they do severe damage to it. They not even steal your private information and data but also disable you to access your PC. These viruses are created to disguise you and thus making unauthorised access to your computer. Viruses from ransomware to worms, Trojan horses and file infectors can come through any picture, video or file shared by your friends on social media. Therefore for the security of your computer, antivirus plays an important role.
Antivirus secures your PC from the latest threats. It not only protects your PC from these viruses but also helps to boost it up. There are plenty of choices when it comes to security of your computer and phone’s security. You can install the antivirus software suits your PC or Laptop best to prevent it from getting infected.
In this article we will compare two top rated antiviruses i.e. Webroot antivirus and McAfee antivirus:
- Both of the antiviruses have made their place in Top Rated antivirus softwares.
- Both of the antiviruses offer a variety of levels of protection from basic antivirus coverage for one computer to complete internet security for multiple devices.
- Both companies offer satisfaction guarantees stating that if you are not happy with their product, you can cancel within a certain time frame and get your money back. McAfee Antivirus has a standard 30-day return policy, while Webroot gives you 70 days to try them out.
- However Webroot is “lighter” and “fast” software compared to McAfee in terms of total file size that you have to download and amount of memory used during scans.
- Webroot Antivirus Software takes lesser space and it takes only 6 seconds to install while McAfee takes up more storage space and runs more slowly.
- Webroot provides excellent protection against malware and also detect ransomware. Webroot is less effective at detecting phishing websites.
- On the other hand McAfee gives best basic protection against viruses also it is very good at protecting against phishing websites.
- McAfee comes with its own firewall. Webroot also has a firewall component but it is different, in that it requires use of the Windows Firewall or a 3rd party firewall, so you need either the latter switched on or the latter installed.
- McAfee is a great choice for limited internet users who just want to protect against basic threats and keep their PC virus-free. Besides general protection from virus, Webroot also provides internet security, identity protection, location of stolen devices, blocking of malware and spam among others.
- Webroot has considerably higher customer satisfaction score than McAfee antivirus software.
- McAfee gives prompt and reliable customer service that provides needed answers and expertise when you are in trouble relating to installing or removing any virus from your PC.
- McAfee however has scored higher in independent test but Webroot will never disappoint you besides it offers best protection to your PC at lower cost.